Shakthi Valam @ Mangalapuri
Circumbulation of all the 108 Shakthi Peet Devi in the outer Pracharam of the 108 Shakthi Peet temples is Shakthi Valam.
Significance: Shree Swarna Kamakshi Sametha 108 Shakthi Peet Devi Temples represents the entire creative energy which sustains the world, hence a prayer here is would provide boons from all the Devata and Devis, provides prosperity of our family, near & dear(s) and fulfilment of human– Shri Guruji.
Shakthi Valam procedure – while placing the prayer:
- Starting point: Outside the eastern Raja gopuram, circumbulation would be in the Outer Prahaharam covering all the 108 Shakthi Peet Devi Temples. Devotees shall commence by chanting 3 times Shree Swarna Kamakshi Devi’s Slokam, followed by continuous chanting of Beejakshara Manthram.
- Beejakshara Manthram of Devi is very powerful, so it is better chanted internally along with the desired prayer.
- After completion of three rounds of circumbulation, devotees may offer their Namaskaaram in the earmarked platform just outside the Raja gopuram.
- While Gents may offer Saashtaanga Namaskaram, Ladies are to offer Panchaanga Namaskaram as per the tradition.
Shakthi Valam procedure – After the desired prayer is fulfilled:
- Devotees shall offer 27 times circumbulation of 108 Shakthi Peet Devi Temples, this is to be completed in a single day.
- After completing the circumbulation, devotees shall register for conducting abishekam for Shree Swarna Kamakshi Devi on the appointed date and may offer their contributions at the temple office
- Devotees are always requested to offer circumbulation in their traditional dress.